Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yes today is Wednesday

And you know what? I'm okay with that. I hope everyone else is okay with it! We can still pretty much orient our posts around the thought of Sunday, but is it alright if we basically post whatever when we actually have it, and critique throughout the week? I don't know! I'm just not in a very structured place in my life right now ... but I can work on it!


She adjusted his bow tie quickly and sloppily as they rushed out to face the grisly day. Running a block, walking a block, then running yet again, they eventually arrived at the mansion. At least, she thought, it looks like a mansion.
"What are we doing here again?" he asked.
"Hey quit your griping. I have to wear a bow tie too."
They each more properly adjusted their own, then stepped up to ring the doorbell.


At this point I would like to take a break to say that you fantasy/fiction writers seem miraculously to have all these weird/cool/original ideas floating around in your head for "stories." Right now in this narrative (taken from the quirky Writing Exercise Lindsay suggested, which I liked) has no direction. I can think of absolutely no ending to my "story." I have lots of literary things floating around in my head, though, predominantly coming from Scout and her brother's adventures in To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm going to have to call it good at a very small paragraph, which was fun to write, and try harder next time.

No comments: